Requesting Proofs Before Production
We provide digital proofs upon written requests for submissions with an active order number. Orders placed before 12 PM (EST) can expect an email response within the same day. Orders placed after 12 PM (EST) will be processed the following business day. Any and all files submitted without a digital proof request will be deemed print-ready, based solely on our judgment, at our discretion.
Acceptable File Formats
- 400 Ink, accepts the following formats: .JPG, .PDF, .PSD, .EPS, .AI – .TIF files.
- Please note that ALL .PSD, .AI and .EPS files need to have all text rasterized or converted into outlines, and links to images embedded.
- To prevent missing elements, it is suggested all layers either be rasterized or merged together.
- If your files are very large, it is recommended that you compress your file into a .zip file prior to uploading.
FILE SIZE + RESOLUTION:
- Submitted artwork files should be created at full-size with a minimum of 150 DPI. Graphics designed in half-scale should have a resolution of 300 DPI.
- Actual size and dimensions of the required print are indicated on the products corresponding template.
- Images with higher resolution will yield better results.
- Please remove all template guides from final print-ready files prior to submission.
- You do not need to submit your artwork with bleed. Our provided templates already account for bleed but most files are manually printed and cut to the exact dimensions of your product.
- Please do not include cropmarks on artwork files for printing, unless they are already included in the template. We are not responsible for cropmarks or any miscellaneous markings that may appear on the final product.
- When creating gradients in your artwork, we highly suggest creating those gradients in Photoshop, and not in Illustrator. The reason being, is that Illustrator, a vector based program, does not raster the gradient the same way Photoshop does, which results in banding or “Steps” to occur in the gradient that look like lines in the final print. The only way to address this is to create the gradients in Photoshop and then either import the gradient into illustrator, or just completely design the artwork within Photoshop.
- All files should be submitted using a CMYK color space.
- We print using a 4 Color Process and prefer CMYK color profiles to provide the most accurate color results. Please understand that printed images will not match up 100% with the colors you see on your monitor. We do our best to provide you with the most vibrant and true colors for your graphics.
- Please check your Pantone colors before you submit artwork.
- If the artwork is color sensitive, please contact us on pricing about our color matching services.
- Unless a printed proof is ordered, 400 Ink is not responsible for unsatisfactory color results. You may order a physical proof at an additional cost depending on square footage and shipping. This can delay your order up to 5 business days, depending on current production schedule.
Once you have placed your order and are ready to upload your print-ready files, simply click here.