- MDO Plywood – Medium density overlay (MDO) is an exterior grade plywood used in many outdoor sign applications. If properly sealed and finished, MDO is a great choice for medium to long term exterior signs. MDO signs can be mounted between posts or poles, to a structure, or hang from hooks/chains. MDO varies in thickness from 3/8″ thick to 3/4″ thick.
- Alumalite – A composite substrate consisting of three layers. The layers consist of 2 sheets of aluminum with a plastic core in the middle. Like MDO, Alumalite is an excellent choice for many types of outdoor, as well as indoor signage. It is a strong, rigid substrate which lasts years outdoors. Alumalite is available in 1/4″ and 1/2″ thicknesses.
- Aluminum – A great outdoor/indoor substrate. Not as rigid as MDO or Alumalite, but is commonly used in frames for realtor signs or mounted to posts for directional/regulatory signage as well as wall-mounted signage.
- PVC – A solid plastic substrate used in outdoor or indoor signage. Sintra can be easily cut/routed into any shape. Typically mounted to a flat surface but can be used for indoor hanging signs.
- Redwood/Cedar – Used primarily for outdoor sandblasted signage. Sandblasted signs are multi-dimensional and blasted area reveals wood grain texture. Great for long-term outdoor applications
- HDU Foam – High Density Urethane Foam is a great alternative to wood in routed/sandblasted dimensional signs. HDU resists rot or decay in outdoor applications and can be shaped/painted into any configuration. Great for long term outdoor applications.
- Acrylic/Plexiglass – Commonly used in electrical backlit signs. Acrylic is often translucent and can be lettered with vinyl to produce an image suitable for backlighting. Acrylic can also be laser-cut/routed into any shape also making it a popular choice in dimensional signs or raised letters.
- Corrugated Plastic – Ideal for indoor and outdoor graphic applications. Tougher than corrugated fiberboard, lighter than solid extruded plastic, waterproof, weather resistant and stain resistant. Popular with Realtors and is a great substrate for temporary signage.
Need a logo? Look no further! 400 Ink has a dedicated graphics team that is ready to make your dreams come to life! Whether you have an idea you have drawn on a post it or you have an old design you want revamped or you have no idea at all we will take care of it! Call us today to get started!
Toll Free 833-400-INK1